Mondays can be a little challenging at times so I like it when I can start in a positive way and set my intentions for the week ahead. When I set new goals + intentions I notice a huge difference by the time Friday comes around and the weekend feels so much better!
To celebrate starting positive, I recently teamed up with Uncle Tobys O&G to help them launch their new O&G Crunchy Granola. It blends together a delicious variety of natural ingredients like oats, grains, fruits and nuts and comes in two flavours (Almond & Vanilla and Cranberry, Hazelnut & Pepita). Some reasons why I love the product –
- The oats and wheat puffs are baked until they’re crunchy and delicious.
- Oats have been around forever and have been considered a superfood for a long long time! They are great for lowering cholesterol.
- Almonds are full of healthy monounsaturated fats and assorted vitamins and minerals.
- Pepita seeds are a great source of magnesium and zinc, needed for a wide range of vitally important physiological functions, a good immune system and positive cell growth.
- Cranberries are famous for their vitamin C and tart taste. Its crimson colour brings brightness with an added tang to your bowl.
- It’s a quick breaky option when you are time poor!
Setting yourself goals and intentions is not difficult. You can set out to accomplish something long term or just this week! Give it a try and see how you feel.
1. Be specific – Get clear on what it is your really want. It can be anything from career, family, spiritual, home or health. The more specific the goal is the better, this will make the other steps easier. For example, if my goal is to ‘get fit’, be clear on what that means to you. How much weight do you want to lose? How far do you want to be able to run without stopping? How many laps do you want to swim? Do you want to be able to touch your shins, ankles or toes?
2. Time it – Once you know exactly what you want to achieve give it a time frame. Again the more specific the better. If you want to lose 5kgs for example, set a date and map out the timeframe in getting there. Make sure you do your research on healthy weight loss for your body type and take the necessary steps.
2. Get real – Being realistic is super important when setting goals. It may sounds obvious but being over-optimistic about achieving can actually have negative effects. Don’t cut yourself short either! You are the one who knows your body and its limits the best, challenge yourself but also work within your means.
3. Tell someone – Sharing your goals and intentions with someone can have huge benefits. When someone verbally expresses how they feel about what they want to achieve, it’s been proven to show results. You could phone a family member or tell someone at work this week. Also get them to follow up on you in a week to track your progress – when you’re held accountable (even in a small way) you’re more likely to actually do! Also, writing your goals down goes without saying. If you need to, write it on a post-it note and put it on the bathroom mirror.
4. 3.2.1 ACTION – Get up and do it! Trust me you will feel amazing on the other end. Remember life is not an Xbox game – you don’t get a second chance – so the sooner you start the better. GOOD LUCK!
5. Indulge – Every time I accomplish something I reward myself by indulging in something I love. This could be a massage, manicure or creamy smoothie!
For more Uncle Tobys O&G inspo check out their instagram account – @uncletobysoandg #StartPositive Also, have a peep at my TVC below, it was such a fun day of filming!